The View from a Drawbridge

The random musings of a bridgetender with entirely too much time on her hands.

Moving to Seattle is the best thing I’ve ever done. I love it here. I’m fairly sure I’ll never completely fit in, though. But then, I don’t suppose I did in Florida, either. After being confused by mixed signals for a couple months, I finally learned about the Seattle Freeze. In one blog entry, before …

Continue reading

Many years ago, I came across a woman who was crying. I didn’t know her. I didn’t know the reason for her tears. It didn’t really matter. I just knew she was sad, so I gave her a hug. Sometimes you just need a hug. She clung to me like I was a life raft …

Continue reading

99 percent of all the Washingtonians I’ve met are really, really nice, unbelievably cooperative, and helpful. Because of that, they make the other 1 percent seem like the world’s biggest jerks. I have never seen anything like the bureaucratic brick walls that get thrown in front of you out here, and there’s no getting around …

Continue reading